The Outdoor Kids Sun Safety Code is a free resource - and it always will be. The initiative was devised and is solely funded by the Myfanwy Townsend Melanoma Fund, a small national charity dedicated to ensuring that all children who play outdoors for prolonged periods of time are sun protected.
We believe that by actively encouraging good sun protection habits we can put a stop to the rapidly rising levels of melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer and sparked by sunburn.
Our charitable objectives are raising awareness and funding research to find a cure - for more information visit www.melanoma-fund.co.uk
Why not help us reach more people and turn our goal into a reality?
Helping us by fundraising can be an effective and fun way to raise awareness of what you are doing and how you are taking sun protection seriously.
Here is a list of idea that will hopefully inspire you:
- Make us your charity of choice
- Organise a sponsored event or fundraising day
- Hold a sunhat day at your school
- Place our collection boxes at your reception
- Sell our pin badges to your members
- Make a one off donation to our JustGiving page